Monday, July 31, 2006

This month's training

Got up at 5:30, out the door at six for a 5.2 mile run. If I leave at that time I can beat the heat and get a decent run in. I did another 5.3 in the afternoon. From this week I hope to increase the miles. I am concentrating on running slow and easy so I can handle the increase. After dinner tonight I went upstairs, filled a garbage can with ice water and iced my legs for about 20 minutes. I want to do this every day at least once.

I got this month's workouts from Tinman. Basically it will be a no-speed month with only strides a few times a week. The basic workouts are 4 x 1 hour, 80 minutes x 2 with 20-30 minutes at marathon pace, and a long run. It will be nice to get off the track a bit because it is brutal to be on the track this time of year because of the heat.

If anybody is reading this and has any questions...I would be glad to answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home